The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition 2022
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition 2022 inspires young entrepreneurs to engage in a food revolution that makes a positive impact on communities, the environment, and the local economy. Applications open on 19 April 2022, and this year Generation Africa wants to support Food Warriors who battle climate change, hunger, and poverty. Now in its fourth year, the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition has become a cornerstone in the African agrifood industry, reaching millions of young people with a message of hope and opportunity.
Generation Africa is a partnership initiative with a vision to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent. Founding partners are Econet, a privately-held multinational telecommunications, media, energy and technology conglomerate, and Yara International, a global crop nutrition company, founded in Norway
- The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition is a seed to fork entrepreneurship competition for social or business ventures working in or supporting other businesses in any part of the agriculture or food value-chain.
- Two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man will each win 50,000 US Dollars for the most innovative and scalable business ventures.
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to take their business venture to the next level. In addition to the US$50,000, the competition also offers top agripreneurs the opportunity to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and make their mark. This year, COVID restrictions permitting, the top Gogettaz agripreneurs will travel to the AGRF Summit which is being held in Kigali, Rwanda.
All our finalists will also receive mentorship, programming linkages and guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- Entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition, and is legally recognised as an adult in country of nationality
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country which is a member of the African Union
- Entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership
- Entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offence, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect, if requested
- Venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to 1 July 2022
- Venture is headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union
- Venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanization, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
Eligible Regions: Algérie, Angola, Bénin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cap-Vert, République centrafricaine, Tchad, Comores, RD Congo, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Égypte, Guinée équatoriale, Érythrée, Éthiopie, Gabon , Gambie, Ghana, Guinée, Guinée-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Libéria, Libye, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritanie, Maurice, Mayotte, Maroc, Mozambique, Namibie, Niger, Nigéria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sainte-Hélène, Sao Tomé et Principe, Sénégal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalie, Afrique du Sud, Soudan, Swaziland, Tanzanie, Togo, Tunisie, Ouganda, Sahara Occidental, Zambie, Zimbabwe Participation for this opportunity goes
from May.23.22 to May.23.22.
May.03.22 - Jun.06.22