If you are a YES alum from the Middle East or North Africa, consider applying for the upcoming Beyond YES Summit! This regional workshop will be held in Amman, Jordan from April 25 - 28 and will focus on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Beyond YES will be highly interactive, and is intended for YES alumni who currently hold positions of leadership and expertise in their respective countries and fields. The event will enable you to increase your roles as a YES ambassadors in the MENA region, and will highlight ways you can develop programs with long-term benefits by focusing on five main themes:
- Women’s Empowerment
- Youth, Employment, and Millennial Living
- Peace Building
- Refugee Crises
- Building Civil Communities and Societies
Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- YES alumnus/a from one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel (Israeli Arabs), Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine (West Bank and Gaza), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Tunisia, and Yemen;
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives related to the five themes listed above;
- Available to travel to Amman from 24 - 28 April 2017;
- Commitment to fulfilling any required follow-on tasks;
- Interest in the further development of leadership skills; and,
- Interest in learning how to stimulate development projects independently and in concert with YES alumni in the MENA region.
Candidates should contact their local YES staff for an application and submit it with a passport copy and CV by February 27, 2017 (due dates may vary by country!).
If you do not have YES staff in your country, you may contact [email protected] and put "Beyond YES" in the subject line.