The World Interfaith Harmony Week is coming up in February 2017. How are you going to get involved?
For YES alumni who are interested in interfaith community building, we have a special opportunity! Perhaps you already have lots of experience, or maybe you are just hoping to get started. Either way, you should consider applying for the Interfaith Harmony Online Workshop (IHOW).
This three-part online workshop will bring together 40 YES and YES Abroad alumni to work in small groups and learn to:
- Facilitate interfaith dialogue;
- Organize interfaith activities in your own community;
- Explore your own faith and share it with others;
- Learn from and about other belief systems;
- And more!
The online seminars will include panel speakers, take-home assignments, and facilitation by experienced YES alumni who attended the Interfaith Harmony Workshop in Morocco in 2016.
Qualified applicants will demonstrate:
- Active participants in a YES alumni association or other community-building endeavors;
- Motivation for exploring issues related to interfaith harmony and/or volunteerism;
- Availability for training on February 1, 8, and 15;
- Commitment to fulfilling follow-on tasks;
- Interest in learning how to stimulate further interfaith dialogue among YES alumni; and,
- Internet access with a reliable connection (access to a YES organization facility in your country can be coordinated).
Apply now by contacting your local YES staff to get an application! Due dates vary by country, no later than November 15th. The 40 finalists will be announced on December 5th.
Contact your local YES office today and apply ASAP!
Note for YES Abroad alumni: you have a separate application process! Contact your implementing organization and submit your application to [email protected] by November 21st.
Note for IHW 2016 participants: you have a separate application process if you would like to be a facilitator! Check the facebook page or contact the IHW staff from 2016 for more details, and submit your application to [email protected] by November 21st.