Join in the celebration of International Education Week 2013! International Education Week, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, is a time for us all to pause and recognize the many benefits that international education and global exchange provide. It is also a great time to promote educational and exchange programs that prepare Americans to participate in a global community and open up opportunities for future leaders from other countries to experience the United States through education and exchange.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs has put together a number of resources in honor of International Education Week, including:
- video with remarks by Secretary Kerry (see below);
- video capturing young peoples' study abroad experiences;
- information on an international student virtual college fair for those interested in studying in the U.S.;
- survey about international and U.S. student study abroad;
- calendar of International Education Week events taking place around the world; and
- conversations on Twitter.
To learn more about these offerings, visit the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs' website.